When talking about the first impression a buyer gets of your home, we often picture the buyer driving by or pulling up to the house for a showing. Because of this, sellers often focus much of their attention on curb appeal. What if we told you that the first impression of your home often comes before either of these things happen? In our day of technology, the first time a buyer will see your home is online. What does that mean for you? It means that you need to put time, effort, and maybe some money into making sure your online photos/videos are the best they can be! Here are some tips to get top quality listing photos…
- Work with a real estate agent. Trying to do it all on your own is way overrated. This is what real estate agents do! They know the way to appeal to buyers, so take some of the pressure off of yourself. Let them do what they do best!
- Don’t jump the gun and put your house on the market before you have pictures. These days, a buyer expects to be able to look at pretty much every room online before they decide whether to schedule a showing. If your pictures are not available for them to see, they are likely to get frustrated and go on to the next house.
- Take the time to stage your home, or better yet, hire a professional to help you before your photo shoot. Remember, these pictures are the first impression buyers will get of your home. Pay careful attention to every detail. You want every potential buyer to know that you take good care of your home and care enough to make it look its best.
- Don’t skimp on the photo quality. Poor lighting or blurry pictures give a bad first impression. If you spend the time making your home look beautiful, be sure your pictures show it!
- Post a lot of pictures! Be sure to include at least 1 picture of every room. In larger rooms, you may want to have pictures from several different angles. This gives your online shoppers a good perspective on how the home before they even see it in person. After a showing, a good set of pictures will also help a buyer to go back and walk through the photos with a better understanding of the layout of the home.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, then what would a good set of pictures of your entire house be worth? Remember, if you want to get the buyers inside your home, you need to make a good first impression…online.
We have partnered with a company that goes above and beyond to make sure our listings sell themselves online before a buyer ever sets foot on the property. 3D Virtual Showcase does an amazing job at taking photos that are then turned in to a 3D walk through of the home. They include a floor plan to give an online shopper a good perspective of the layout of the home. They also create video slideshows to advertise the property. These pictures and videos can be found on a unique website created just for the individual property along with other information about the home. Want to know more? Click here to visit their website
Then call us TODAY @ 720-593-2014 so we can work hard to get your home ready to sell and sold quickly. We know the importance of good quality photos and videos. We will not settle for any less than the best for our clients.