With all aspects of our lives being on our mobile devices and laptops, why would we think buying a house would be any different? Years ago, your home search would’ve started in the Sunday paper with a pen marking upcoming open houses or taking down a phone number & address as you drove by a for sale sign. Today, however, you can search local listings in the palm of your hand any time of day, any day of the week. Zillow.com gives these 5 steps as a road map to your new home:
- Take your time and explore your options without any commitments. Due to our modern technology, you have the convenience of searching for homes, viewing pictures, and dreaming of what could be…all from the comfort of your own living room.
- Go look in person. After time spent searching online, it’s time to go see a home with your own eyes. This will take you to a new level, but likely you will not end up buying the first house you see. Most buyers shop around and see dozens of homes before finding the perfect one.
- Get connected with a good agent. You need someone to represent you throughout your transaction. A buyer’s agent is usually free to the buyer, and they are a great resource to have on your side. You want to make sure you find a reputable agent with good reviews.
- Trust your instincts. The home buying journey will take you on a roller coaster of emotions (which is another area where your experienced agent will help you). While it’s not always a good idea to act on your emotions, you must listen to your heart when you fall in love with a home. Logic and online data may tell you that it’s just a bit overpriced for the area, but waiting too long or making a low ball offer could also cause you to miss out on your dream home. Go with your gut to avoid kicking yourself later.
- As you continue on the path to finding your new home, you will become more focused. Your agent is there to help you stay on top of new listings and open houses that may be of interest to you. When you reach this point, you may spend a lot of time viewing homes and doing online searches, but it will all be well worth it in the end.
Our team is always ready to help you get heading in the right direction on your home search. No matter what step you may be at in this process, our experienced agents know how to keep you moving forward. Give us a call to get started on (or to continue) your journey to your new home @ 720-593-2014. We are waiting to hear from you!