It’s a great time of year to put the “out with the old, in with the new” saying into practice. As we approach the close of 2016, we need to make room for the new Christmas gifts that will be coming in and also get prepared for a more organized 2017. Here are some steps to help you clean out and organize…
- Donations are great for the giver and the receiver. Donations can be deducted on your taxes which helps you. Those less fortunate also benefit from your generosity. It’s a win-win situation all around. You will be glad you cleared out some space once the new Christmas gifts start coming in!
- Decorating for the holidays is fun, but taking the decorations down can be a dreaded task. This year, call on the help of family/friends. Set a time and spend the day taking down decorations and organizing them as they are put away. Having good company around will make this job more fun, and it will go quicker. You can return the favor by helping others do the same.
- Budgeting is always helpful for organizing the new year. If there is one area we let run wild, it is our finances. Make it a priority to have a budget this year and stick to it! Away with the old careless spending, and in with a new way of managing your money. You’d be surprised at how much you can save if you stay in control of your bank account!
- Tired of feeling guilty after overdoing it on the holiday treats? Unhealthy eating can be a thing of the past. It’s time to welcome in a new diet in 2017. The problem with the common (yet not so successful) New Year’s resolution to eat healthier is that it tends to be boring and tasteless. This year, try a new way of eating healthy with exciting new foods. Start experimenting now, so by the new year, you are ready to make a commitment that will last.
- Vacationing doesn’t have to be a dream anymore. Out with the old way of blowing money, and in with a plan. Now is the time to start preparing for the vacation you have been wanting for so long. With the help of the budget (as mentioned before) and setting attainable goals, 2017 can be the year you make your dream a reality. Plan now, and start working toward your vacation destination.
We hope these steps help you start this new year off with a bang. It takes work, but with focus and determination, anything is possible!