We all love the long holiday weekends! It’s a great time to get busy on much needed projects around the house. Here are some good ideas for easy DIY Labor Day projects…
- Paint an accent wall. As we head into fall and cooler weather, more time will be spent indoors. Spruce up your living room by pulling out an accent color and painting an entire wall. It will change the entire look of the room! You can do this in any room you choose to give a little more character.
- Choose 1 room to spend some time on. It’s amazing how changing just 1 bedroom or 1 bathroom makes you feel better about your entire house! Use your day off to tidy up, reorganize, or even rearrange furniture. Be sure to get rid of any unnecessary items that have accumulated over time.
- Are you hosting a holiday party this year? It’s coming up fast! Maybe today is the day you need to spend preparing your dining room for that event. Could your dining room use a fresh coat of paint? Could your table use some work? Or do you need to spend the day shopping for a new table and chairs? This may be the last day off you get before Thanksgiving, so plan ahead!
- Updating your bedroom is always a rewarding task. If you aren’t in the market for some new furniture, just some new linens would do wonders for the look of the room! And don’t forget to dispose of unnecessary items in there as well!
- Give your kitchen the attention it needs. We all spend so much time in this room, yet we sometimes overlook the TLC that this room needs. Spend the day reorganizing the cabinets, scrubbing the sink to make it shine, cleaning the inside of the fridge and the oven, or even painting. Make the heart of the home a pleasant place to be!
- Fall may be around the corner, but don’t let that keep you inside! You can still spend some time pulling weeds, trimming trees or planting fall flowers. This would be especially important for those planning parties for the big game!
- Today is the day to tackle that garage. Do you have piles of “I’ll get to it later” items staring at you each time you walk into the garage? Have you had to start parking outside because they have taken over your space? It’s never fun to start, but the end result is amazing! Before the cooler weather hits, get busy cleaning and organizing the garage to give you a place to park your car on those nights the temperature falls below freezing. You will be glad you did…and so will your car!
Yes, the reality is that Labor Day marks the end of the summer festivities which means the warmer weather is heading out and we are getting prepared for the cold winter months. Look on the bright side, though. Winter brings the holidays which are a time to get together with friends and family to celebrate. Now is a great time to prepare your home for the football parties and holiday gatherings.
Happy Labor Day from all of us at The Selling Rocky Mountain Homes Team!