Does a REALTOR® earn their commission, or are they just a convenience? Do you ever wonder if you could do the same job on your own and save yourself some money? If you only knew the behind the scenes day-in-the-life of your real estate agent, you probably wouldn’t ask those questions.
Your agent is always busy working to make sure your end of the real estate transaction goes smoothly. They do all they can to avoid any possible road blocks which would result in more stress on you – most of which you are probably unaware are even taking place. There are certain tasks that must be completed just right, deadlines to meet, and meetings to schedule. The fact is that if you shadowed your agent for the day, you would see that their job is not as simple as it may appear.
Some “Behind the Scenes” Tasks of a REALTOR®…
- Pull Comps
- Get All Necessary Forms and Disclosures Signed
- Get All Necessary Information to the Title Company
- Take Care of Earnest Money
- Keep Transactions on Track
- Reply to Emails/Phone Calls/Texts ASAP
- Negotiate and Schedule Repairs
- Stay on Top of Laws and Changes
- Meet Inspector and Translate Inspection Report
- Meet the Appraiser and Dispute Low Appraisal
- Verify the Buyer has Insurance and a Home Warranty
- Prepare Market Analyses
- Schedule and Show Hundreds of Homes
- Help Stage Listings
- Market Listings
- Keep in Touch with Clients
- Schedule and Attend Final Walk Throughs
- Coordinate Closings
- Keep Listings Current in MLS
- Keep Up with Social Media and Manage Online Reputation
- Write and Post Blogs
- Deal with Vendors
- Educate Clients
- Maintain Continued Education Yearly
…And that’s not all! This list doesn’t begin to touch the personal lives that your agent has to weave into their day. So the next time you wonder if your agent deserves his/her commission, go visit them at the office (or you may have to jump in the car with them while they are busy running the roads). You are likely to see another side of the process that is often hidden.
Why do we do it? The answer is simple. The Selling Rocky Mountain Homes Team is dedicated to our clients. Real estate is our passion. We get to watch buyers faces light up when they walk into the perfect home. We help sellers to achieve their goals and move on to their next stage in life. Watching the dreams of our clients come true is the reason we work so hard. When it is all finished, and the closing papers are signed, the job no longer feels like work. We feel like we are providing a service, and it brings joy to our lives as well.
Don’t hesitate to give us a call today! We are happy to work hard making YOUR dreams come true!