In this crazy market, when you finally find your dream home, the last thing you want to deal with is having it snatched out from under you by a better offer. If you are interested in a home, most likely someone else is as well which means you need to put your best offer out there. How do you compete with the other buyers making offers? Realtor.com offers this advice…
- More Money – As we have all heard, money talks. This is true when making an offer on a home. The more you offer, the better chance you have. Some agents are even suggesting an “escalation clause” which states that the buyer will pay so much above asking price if necessary. Earnest money is also another area you can offer more money. Earnest money shows you are serious, and the more of it you offer, the more serious you look to sellers.
- Write a Letter – When you can’t make sure your offer is the highest one on the table, you can try another route to get the seller’s attention. Writing a letter to the seller explaining how you have fallen in love with their home might give you the upper hand especially if the sellers have an emotional attachment to the home. If more money isn’t an option, communicating your passion for buying the home is definitely worth a shot!
- Keep Financing Clean – Of course a cash deal is always more appealing to a seller because there is no fear of the financing falling through. However, that is not often an option for most buyers. If you must take out a mortgage, make sure you are pre-approved showing the sellers that your finances have been checked out and you are good for the loan.
- Buying the Home “As Is” – This doesn’t mean you have to skip the inspection, but if you agree to buy the home “as is”, you are telling the sellers that you release them from any repairs. This looks good to the sellers because there is no need for them to worry with any added expenses.
- Have Your Agent Make a Call – Your agent is working on your behalf. When you are ready to make an offer, have your agent call the listing agent to see what the sellers are wanting. Another call after the offer has been sent would help to reiterate your interest in the home.
Are you ready to get in on this crazy market and find your next home? We know what it takes to be successful, and we will make sure to work hard to get your offer accepted so you can be in your dream home as soon as possible. Give us a call today to get started @ 720-593-2014.