The year is off to a great start, and it is predicted that 2016 will be the year for sellers! It is not uncommon for homes in Denver and surrounding areas to have multiple offers and some even for thousands of dollars OVER list price within only a matter of days (sometimes even hours) of going on the market. It is prime time for sellers to get in on the action! There are some hot selling features that are getting homes looked at even quicker than quick these days. These features aren’t a must have, but if your home does sport any of these, and you have considered selling…wait no longer! Recent data from realtor.com showed that homes with the following styles/features were going faster than any others.
- Spanish Style & Traditional Homes – If you own either of these and have toyed with the idea of selling, it’s time to jump in with both feet. It has been reported that these 2 types of homes are spending half as much time on the market as other home styles.
- Breathtaking Views – When we hear these words, we all think of calm ocean waves. This is not necessarily what sells the best. It has been found that a great city skyline has just as much appeal to buyers. Of course, we can’t forget the amazing views we are all blessed with living near the gorgeous Rocky Mountains.
- Stainless Steel and Granite – The fireplace is a focal point of the past. We have moved on to stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops. Homes with these features are selling 15% faster than others. According to realtor.com, these upgrades are here to stay.
- (Let’s say it together) Location, Location, Location – Yes, it’s true! Location is a HUGE deal to buyers. But what exactly do they want to be close to? Well, professional sports, convenient shopping and local attractions are always a plus. What tops the majority of buyer musts, however, is a top notch school district. Buyers are more concerned with a good education for their children than they are with where the nearest grocery store is located.
- Smaller & More Affordable – While we all love to get online and look at the luxurious houses on the market picturing our families settling in nicely, the prices of these ginormous estates are unreasonable for most buyers. Dreaming is one thing, but reality tells buyers to look for smaller, more affordable houses for their next purchase. Don’t let the size of your quaint little home keep you from your dream of selling. The homes on the smaller size are usually under contract in a shorter amount of time than the larger, extravagant homes.
- The Price is Right – While your home may meet all of the needs of the buyer, if the price is not right, they will keep looking. The price of your home is unique to your house, your upgrades, and your neighborhood. You can’t compare your home to the one 20 miles away that is exactly like it. Use nearby comps and the advice of a professional REALTOR® that you can trust to set the price just right to get buyers attention.
We are so excited for the opportunity sellers have in today’s market. We hope that if selling your home is on your “to-do list” that you will allow us the opportunity to help you check it off. There are great benefits to using a REALTOR® team to get your home sold. Call us TODAY @ 720-593-2014 to get started! We look forward to working with you!