From new flowers blooming to the chirps of new baby birds outside the window, we all get that sense of renewal when springtime rolls around. Along with that comes a desire for a spring cleaning and maybe even some redecorating. Here are some tips on how to get your home ready for spring…
- Let the natural light shine! Instead of flipping the switch, open the blinds to let the sun shine in your home. Natural light lifts your mood and saves on electricity. If the temperatures are right, you could even open up some windows to allow the spring breeze to blow through your home. For those that do not have many windows, try hanging a mirror or two. Mirrors will reflect the light that you do have shining in, making it brighter. They also create an illusion of more space in small rooms.
- Let your furniture shine! Spring is a great time to create that crisp, clean atmosphere with light colored furniture. It also reflects the natural light shining in making your home bright and inviting. Light furniture may be a scary investment for some…especially with kids in the home. Why not try some slip covers that can be taken off and washed? They can also be put up for the winter.
- Let nature shine! What better way to bring some springtime inside your home than with some earthy decor. Switch out the dark and bold for light and airy. Wicker and natural wood are great accents for the warmer months. Just let the great outdoors be your inspiration!
- Let your color shine! Out with the dark colors and in with the light! Take your pick of any beautiful color of the rainbow and accent your home with it. You will be surprised at how color can brighten a room and your mood! Go extreme or just dab it here and there. Either way, you will enjoy the change of scenery.
- Let your green thumb shine! Potted plants and cut flowers are a great addition to make your home springtime ready. Plants bring a room to life! So grab a few plants or bouquets and liven up your home. *Added benefit: Plants also supply oxygen, so breathe deep and enjoy!
Whatever your home calls for this spring, delight in the newness around you. It’s the perfect time to enjoy the great outdoors before the days get long and hot. The good news is that when summer does arrive, you will have already made your home an inviting place to enjoy some nature indoors while escaping the heat. Happy spring!