If you are thinking about selling your home, this is for you! Every seller desires to get the most money out of their home, right? After all, this is the place they have poured their heart and soul into for years, and now, they are leaving it all behind. Realtor.com says these are some “surefire tactics to getting more money for your home.”
- Smart Upgrades – We all want our home to look its best when putting it on the market, but before you replace the counters or change out the floors, check to see what kind of return you will get on your money. It is rare that an upgrade will raise the value of your home to recoup the price you paid for the renovation. Check with your real estate agent to get their advice before spending big bucks and regretting it.
- Curb Appeal – This one always makes the “to-do list” when preparing to sell. Why? It’s simple. You have got to wow your potential buyers before they even set foot inside the door. Pulling weeds, adding some flowers for color, putting in some lighting for the evening showings, and keeping the yard well manicured are all crucial to get the top dollar out of your home.
- More Space – Without adding on an extra room to your house, it’s hard to create more space. However, you can create the illusion that your home is larger than what it actually is. First, you need to remove any over sized furniture that may take up too much room. Then, you will want to arrange your furniture to allow guests to walk through easily. Also, adding mirrors and letting in natural light always make rooms look larger and more inviting. If you are struggling with garage space or small closets, rent out a local storage shelter to put any unnecessary items.
- Staging – Hiring a professional to stage your home has been proven to bring in up to 20% more than homes that are not staged. While you may like your design taste, it’s best to let a pro handle the decorating when you are ready to sell. It’s amazing what they can do with even an empty room!
- Neutral Paint – If you are moving out, you will be taking your decor along with you. The future homeowners may not particularly care for the purple bedroom or blue bathroom. In fact, those could turn off any potential buyers. Consider repainting yourself or hiring a professional to transform your walls into neutral canvases that allow others to imagine their own style in the house.
While there are factors that we can’t control when deciding a fair market price for our home, these are some that you can take charge of and hopefully reap the benefits in the end. Ready to get started? Call us today @ 720-593-2014. We know what it takes to get a home sold in the current market. We also work very closely with staging professionals that can get to work making your home stand out above the rest. We look forward to working with you!