Destination: Durango, Colorado
Durango is a favorite of many Colorado residents. Summer is a great time to take a drive over to the beautiful city of Durango. With lots to see and do for the whole family, you are sure to enjoy Durango whether it be just for the day or for an extended stay.
Just a Few Reasons to Visit Durango (Durango.org)
- Easy to Get There – Many cities offer direct flights to Durango, or if you are in for a road trip, its just a 6 hour drive from Denver. Be sure to enjoy the scenery along the way!
- Get Away from the Stress of a Big City – With the beautiful mountains surrounding you, you can’t help but relax and unwind in Durango. Enjoy a hike on one of the many trails in the area, take in the hot springs, or camp out under the stars.
- City Life Without the City Hassles – Downtown Durango is a must-see while visiting, but you will not deal with the traffic and stresses of a big city. Enjoy great dining, shopping, music and galleries of a quaint mountain town.
- You’ll Love the History – While in Durango, visit the nearby national parks and monuments as well as the ancient pueblo homes.
- The Mountain Views are Breathtaking – To get the best views, take a ride on the train throughout the mountains on a coal-fired, steam-powered train.
- The Best Fishing Around – Whether fly fishing or spin fishing on lakes or rivers, Durango has some of the best fishing in the nation.
- Adventures with the Family – From zip lining to rafting, you are sure to make some lasting family memories during your stay in Durango.
- A Cowboys Dream – Durango can bring out the cowboy in you as you visit the historic hotels, take a horseback ride through the mountains, or enjoy some true cowboy food & entertainment.
“It seems like we have a festival or party every weekend of the summer. Be sure to check out our events calendar so you don’t miss an opportunity to experience some Durango culture.” (Durango.org)
Once you fall in love with Durango, maybe you will consider Fort Lewis College as did our very own Nicole Moore. While earning her degree, Nicole played basketball for the Skyhawks. She knows much about the area, so if you are planning a trip, give her a call 720-979-1954.
Enjoy your trip to Durango!