Denver Lifestyle – Area Country Clubs
Living in Denver or surrounding areas gives you many country club options for the beginner to the elitist and everything in between. Here is a list of the top rated country clubs in and around Denver, Colorado…
- Fossil Trace Golf Club – 3050 Illinois St, Golden, CO – Just minutes from downtown Denver, Fossil Trace offers an authentic and unique golf experience. This course is beautifully maintained with amazing views to enjoy while playing. This course can be a challenge for any skill level, but is still fun for even the beginners. Fossil Trace was voted best course in 2014 by users.
- Arrowhead Golf Club – 10850 W Sundown Cir, Littleton, CO – “Truly the golf experience of a lifetime, this course offers extreme elevation changes, abundant wildlife, rolling terrain, dramatic vistas, and thousands of feet of ancient red sandstone rocks towering majestically above you.” Golf Digest rated this course the best public course in the Denver area and one of the top 75 courses in America.
- City Park Golf Course – 2500 York St, Denver, CO – “Convenient location”, “Beautiful views of the city”, “Fun course” – are all reoccurring comments about this golfing destination. If the family is not as into a day of golf, they can check out the nearby museum or zoo.
- Wellshire Golf Course – 3333 S Colorado Blvd, Denver, CO – Also ranked in the top 5 best courses in the area, this course will not disappoint. Holes 12 & 14 are nicknamed “Amen Corner” due to their challenging reputations. Wellshire is the place to go for a unique golfing experience that will leave you wanting to go back again and again.
- West Woods Golf Course – 6655 Quaker St, Arvada, CO – With 3 very different 9 hole courses to play, West Woods offers many challenges. The combinations of the 9’s that you play are changed daily to give you a unique game each time you visit.
- Raccoon Creek Golf Course – 7301 W Bowles Ave, Littleton, CO – Built on the historic Grant Ranch, this course is one of Colorado’s best kept secrets. Picturesque golfing is not all that is offered at this beautiful area attraction. Raccoon Creek is a great destination spot for many social functions such as company parties, weddings, receptions and holiday events. The beautiful courses and amazing mountain views make this a great place to play a round of golf or host your next big event.
- Black Bear Golf Club – 11400 Canterberry Pkwy, Parker, CO – Black Bear is easily accessible from Denver, Colorado Springs and the town of Parker. 200 feet of elevation changes make for a challenging course with views of Pikes Peak to Longs Peak that will take your breath away. This course is likely not one for beginners, but the uniqueness and views will be worth every minute for any golfer.
- The Ridge at Castle Pines North – 1414 Castle Pines Pkwy, Castle Rock, CO – This premier, luxury golfing destination provides players well proportioned layouts consisting of roomy fairways, sculpted bunkers and large, rolling greens. The Front Range that is left intact for migrating elk may allow for wildlife viewing as well. If looking for a great day of golf near the Denver area, don’t miss this award winning course.
- South Suburban Golf Course – 7900 S Colorado Blvd, Littleton, CO – If you are looking for beginner level golfing, look no further. Here at South Suburban you will find both a 9-hole par 3 course as well as an 18-hole course. Start out on the par 3 and move up to the more challenging course when you are ready for the next level. Also, the restaurant at S Suburban offers event hosting.
- Riverdale Dunes and Knolls Golf Course – 13300 Riverdale Rd, Brighton, CO – Along the South Platte River, this always maintained, well-priced course is a Scottish style links course. It is consistently voted as one of the top golfing spots in the Denver area and not too far of a drive from downtown.
These top rated golf courses and country clubs help to make Denver and surrounding cities one of the best places in the country to live or visit. If you have a golfer in the family, and are planning a visit or a relocation to Colorado, make sure you check out these courses. Comment below about your experiences! Did we leave any of your favorites out? Let us know!