Thinking about selling your home? According to Zillow, here are 15 words that could add value to your home. Keep them in mind if you are considering any remodeling or upgrades before putting your house on the market. You may just see a positive return on the investment.
- Luxurious – This is not just a word for high-end homes, but could be used for some top of the line updates in your home. “…lower-priced listings with the word “luxurious” sold for 8.2 percent more on average than expected…”
- Captivating – Instead of just using the word “nice” try using “captivating”. It takes the reader to a new level and is more enticing. “Top-tier listings described as “captivating” sold for 6.5 percent more on average than expected.”
- Impeccable – This rich adjective also sets the bar high. “On average, listings in the bottom tier with the word “impeccable” sold for 5.9 percent more than expected.”
- Stainless – Typically this word will be used to describe your kitchen appliances. If your home has stainless steel appliances, be sure that is mentioned in the listing. “…lower-priced homes with the word “stainless” sold for 5 percent more on average than expected.”
- Basketball – Yes, that’s right, basketball! For lower priced homes, it is a huge selling point to mention nearby basketball. “On average, lower-priced homes with the word “basketball” sold for 4.5 percent more than expected.”
- Landscaped – It’s always a plus to mention your well landscaped yard. “The biggest premium was seen among lower-priced listings, which on average sold for 4.2 percent more than expected.”
- Granite – Just like the word “stainless”, “granite” used to describe your kitchen/bathroom counter tops is something that you absolutely should include in a listing. “Listings with the word “granite” sold, on average, for 1 to 4 percent more than expected across all price tiers.”
- Pergola – Unique features that make your home stand out from the rest should always be mentioned. “The data shows mid-priced listings with the word “pergola” sold for 4 percent more on average than expected.”
- Remodel – This word is an eye-catcher for buyers. If you have spent the time and money on remodeling, be sure it’s in the listing. “On average, bottom-tier listings with the word “remodel” sold for 2.9 percent more, middle-tier homes for 1.8 percent more and top-tier homes for 1.7 percent more than expected.”
- Beautiful – Of course this word can have different meanings for different people, but when describing any views your home may have, don’t leave it out! “Lower-priced listings with the word “beautiful” sold for 2.3 percent more on average than expected.”
- Gentle – This word, when used to describe gentle terrain, has proven beneficial to sellers. “Top-tier listings with the word “gentle” sold for 2.3 percent more, on average, than expected.”
- Spotless – It’s not always a given that a home will be in spotless condition, so try to work it into your listing especially if you are in the low-end price range. “…listings described as “spotless” sold for 2 percent more on average than expected.”
- Tile – This word, like “stainless” and “granite”, give the impression of a high-end kitchen. “Bottom-tier homes with the word “tile” in the listing sold for 2 percent more on average than expected.”
- Upgraded – Always mention when you have upgraded some part of your home. The buyers will appreciate the effort you have put into keeping the home nice and up-to-date. “On average, lower-priced listings with the word “upgraded” sold for 1.8 percent more than expected.”
- Updated – This word has a similar impact as “upgraded” mentioned above. “Mid-priced homes with “updated” in the listing sold for 0.8 percent more on average than expected.”
Using any of these words that apply to your home not only makes your listing sound more interesting, but it also sends a message to buyers. You didn’t just live in the house, but you gave it the time and attention it took to make it a nice home. The description of your home and the online pictures are what will draw the buyers in for a showing, so make sure you and your real estate agent take the time to make it the best it can be!
Call us TODAY @ 720-593-2014 so we can help you write the best listing description for your home! We know what it takes to get your home sold quickly and for the best price!