While the holidays may not be the most ideal time to list your home, there are some advantages to consider. Read more about them in this blog. Now, that you know the pros, HGTV give us 10 tips for selling during the holidays.
- Decorations are good but keep it simple. Don’t put up a Christmas tree that will crowd a room or go overboard on knick knacks that clutter up the space. Keep your decorations simple and tasteful.
- Make sure your real estate agent is reliable. The last thing you need is an agent that disappears during the holiday season.
- Buyers that are out this time of year are serious. Go the extra mile to target those specific groups looking to find their home before the end of the year such as those relocating for a job, looking for tax breaks, college students, etc.
- Price it to sell from the start. Starting low is a better way of attracting the buyers this time of year rather than dropping the price later.
- Curb appeal is even more important this time of year since the trees are bare and flowers aren’t blooming. Be sure to keep everything cleaned up outside. Pay attention to keeping walkways and porches safe for potential buyers by cleaning off fallen leaves, snow, etc.
- High-quality photos are a must! As the weather gets cooler and buyers get busy with the holiday rush, more home shopping will be done online. Make sure your photos are top-notch and even include a spring/summer photo if you have one available to show what your home looks like year round.
- A video tour is a good way to attract those serious buyers during the chaotic days ahead. If they are impressed with the online walk-through, they are likely to schedule a showing.
- Make your home a comfortable place to escape the cold. Turn up the heat and create a cozy atmosphere that makes them want to take their time walking through your home. Some soft music and even holiday treats are always a plus!
- Are you feeling generous this holiday season? Maybe you should consider offering special financing to buyers if you have the means.
- Don’t stress too much! If you don’t get your home sold over the holiday season, the new year is just around the corner, and it is sure to be a great one for the real estate industry!
If you are ready to put your home on the market, give us a call @ 720-593-2014. Our team is still working hard over the holidays!